Despite the development of modern civilization and medicine today, a variety of microorganisms remain in this world to live, reproduce and harm. These include: bacteria, germs and worms. 70-80% of people in the world are infected with helminths. This is the most formidable enemy of mankind, which must be fought.
Helminths and their larvae use the human body for their own development and reproduction, while extracting nutrients from it, preventing the carrier the opportunity to receive all the necessary micro and macro elements. They can live not only in the intestines, but also in the muscles, lungs, liver, joints, leading not only to the destruction of organs, tissues and systems, but also causing a number of diseases that lead to death. That is why, everyone needs prevention of various types of worms to avoid complications caused by helminthiasis.
Methods of penetration of helminths into the human body
Given the number of helminths that can live in the human body, they have many ways to get into the carrier. Children are most often infected, as they often play in the sand, come into contact with soil and animals, and also do not always eat well-processed berries. Adults are most often infected precisely from their children or due to non-compliance with basic standards of hygiene.
Experts have recorded the following ways of penetration of helminths into the body:
- If a person after an active day sits down to dinner without washing his hands, then along with food he will eat microbes, bacteria and helminth eggs collected during the day, which will lead to infection. Also, aggression can occur if a person pulls a dirty hand into his mouth.
- Unwashed vegetables or fruits come in contact with infected soil or limbs. Inadequate product processing leads to infection in the manner described above.
- Poorly processed meat and fish products. Processing of meat products is required to destroy the helminth larvae in them, preventing them from entering the body and starting to grow.
- Consumption of untreated water can also be a source of infection, as worm larvae may be present in the water.
- Flies and insects come in contact with soil containing helminthic eggs, as a result of which they can carry worm larvae on their feet and place them on food eaten by humans.
- When swimming in open water, a person can swallow water that contains parasite eggs and thus trigger an infection.
- With direct contact with contaminated soil, helminth invasion can also occur, as some helminths can enter the human body through micro cracks in the skin.
- Frequent pet care is required, as animals do not follow a nutritious diet at all, and often eat raw meat from mice infected with tapeworms.
- Exotic cuisine, water from unconfirmed sources, foreign insects and animals can instantly attack a person, because in exotic countries it is not uncommon to process every product well (there are countries where a diet of raw foods or meat with blood is welcome).
Symptoms of helminth attacks
Sometimes the disease can occur without symptoms, so an annual examination of the body for helminthiasis is recommended. Diagnosis should be carried out by the whole family, as the infection of one person endangers the whole family. When signs of helminthic invasion appear, it is important to visit a doctor to receive timely medical treatment.
Helminths cause the following symptoms:
- Physical weakness and high thermometer readings.
- Headache and dizziness.
- circumstances do not matter.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Itching in the anus.
- Enlargement of the spleen and hepatic.
- Skin rash, in the form of dermatosis or urticaria.
- Nausea, diarrhea alternating with constipation, vomiting.
- Anemia, hypovitaminosis.
- Bad smell from the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss or a sudden feeling of hunger can occur, leading to obesity.
After hearing your complaint, the parasite specialist will prescribe a remedy to eliminate the symptoms of the helminthic and its pathogens, based on the severity of the invasion. If during the examination of worm larvae are not found, then he will advise appropriate drugs for use as prophylaxis.
Pros and cons of worm prevention
Many are interested in whether it is still necessary to take steps and use medications designed specifically for worms for preventative purposes? Here the opinions of experts differ. Some believe that there is no need to carry out preventive treatment, because non-specific techniques to prevent aggression and the use of folk remedies are sufficient.
And others argue that only drugs serve as a barrier between large -scale invasion and health, so only pharmacological drugs will help prevent an outbreak of helminthiasis in the population.
It is known that it is easier to prevent disease than to get rid of it later, and prevention of various types of worms makes it possible to prevent large -scale invasion by destroying individual helminths in a timely manner.
Useful tips. To prevent infection of the whole family, it is recommended to drink a course of tablets from worms in spring and autumn, periodically use folk remedies that allow you to create microflora in the body unsuitable for the life of helminths, as well as use non-specific preventive measures that protectfrom the inadvertent penetration of parasites into the body. This is especially true for people who keep pets and eat low -quality food.
Antihelmintic prophylaxis is not specific
These preventative measures allow you to protect yourself from helminths attacks at no financial cost.
- Always adhere to hygiene standards: change beds and underwear on time, perform water procedures, wash hands with soap and water before meals (especially after visiting public transport, bathrooms and shops).
- Visit the beach with beach shoes. There are many helminthic larvae in the soil, which get into the sand from animal feces and enter the human body through cracks in the legs. Even after walking on the beach with slippers, it is recommended to wash your feet with soap to prevent worms from settling in your body.
- It is good to wash fruits and vegetables, fry meat and fish to destroy all the helminth larvae present in this product.
- Strengthens the immune system so that the body is more susceptible to helminth attacks and diseases caused by parasites.
- Conduct antihelminthic therapy in pets, as they are also infected with helminths and transmit them to humans.
- Do not drink water from unauthorized sources. Worm larvae can live in water for a long time, so before drinking it, it must be boiled, and it is better to replace it completely with purified water.
Sometimes a person does not have the opportunity to apply these safety measures, for example, during long journeys by train, bus, etc. Then the parasite has a chance to penetrate the unprotected body and attack it, so it is necessary to run it. worm prevention in children and adults.
Prevention of helminths in humans: drugs
Currently, there are many antihelminthic drugs, but it is not recommended to prescribe self -treatment. This must be done by a specialist who knows the characteristics of the drug, and how to choose the right dose for your body. Preventive treatment for worms in humans should be targeted at the destruction of young worms and maintaining the body.
As you know, many drugs are forbidden to be taken along with alcohol. This reduces the effects of the drug and increases the side effects. If you want to get positive results from treatment, you should exclude alcohol from your diet 1 week before taking the drug, and for 30 days after the prevention of helminth attacks.
Folk methods for the prevention of worms in humans
Traditional medicine has also shown good results in the prevention of helminthiasis. Some herbal remedies create an uncomfortable atmosphere in the digestive system for the worms to survive, as a result of which they are forced to leave the host body. Before using this recipe, you should consult a doctor, because due to its bitter nature, they can further injure a person with diseases of the digestive system or kidneys.
- Peanut -colored on alcoholprepared as follows: take a glass of chopped walnut partition, pour a glass of vodka. The finished infusion can be taken in a day, 5-7 drops on an empty stomach, for 10-15 days.
- A decoction of wormwood and tansy: at first you need to grind the herbs, consequently 2 tbsp. Pour boiling water over a collection spoon, insist and take 100-150 ml. within a month.
- garlichas no contraindications and is available to everyone. For the prevention of helminthiasis, you need to eat 2-3 cloves of garlic daily.
- Pumpkin seedshas good antiparasitic activity. You should eat 2 cups of pumpkin seeds on an empty stomach, at least 1 time a week. Also from this product you can prepare a healing anthelmintic tincture.
- carrot rootwill be useful for the prevention of helminths in the form of juice. You need to crush 1 carrot, strain the juice and drink before eating.
- Ash linden branches: ash has long been known for its healing properties. Ash of linden branches has anthelmintic properties, so it is also used at this time. For the prevention of helminthiasis, you need to add 1 teaspoon of ash into a glass of milk and drink on an empty stomach.
The medicine according to the above recipe should be taken 1 time a week. If a person does not have protection against helminths for a long time, then these funds should be drunk daily for 2 weeks, and then switch to weekly use.
Traditional medicine has many antihelminthic agents to combat parasitic worms. In ancient times, grandfathers and grandfathers used this method, because they act on worms and do not harm the human body. Therefore, prevention with folk remedies does not require much effort and spend money on drugs, but you also can not do without drug prevention, especially if you suspect the presence of early stages of aggression.